Tuesday, October 15, 2013

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!.

 I will give you a quick rundown on how our weekend and my surgery went...All went as expected during the surgery.  I know now that I should never take certain medications...I do not like there effects, different story...Mark and the girls got to watch the procedure on a monitor, which they thought was cool.  I didn't think anything about a doctor playing with my vision was cool, however, we are all entitled to our own opinions.  Procedure went as planned, we headed home, me very uncomfortable and not enjoying the meds, tried to sleep.  When we got home, I went straight to bed and woke up in time for some soup, I was feeling good.  Slept well Friday night, and we headed to the Gramma and Grandpa's for Thanksgiving Turkey!  (Now I was told that if I were to have any side effects or discomfort, they would come after 24 hours and last anywhere from 72 hours to a week...) Feeling OK with my big sunglasses on, I lazed on the couch and offered no help.  And then the smells, spices and the heat stared to make my eyes burn...A LOT!  And water and itch and during dinner, I couldn't take it anymore.  The drops weren't helping, nothing was.  Miaya was totally expired and passed out on the couch and a nice family dinner has turned into a racing mess because Mark wanted to get me home...I felt terrible for him, dealing with an overemotional daughter and wife!  Anyhoo...when we got home he convinced me to take some meds they gave me so I could sleep, which helped until 2:30 am...and it started all over again...at this point I was thinking I made a HUGE mistake!  My doctor called to check on me Sunday morning because after Saturday's visit, he said unless he felt necessary, he wouldn't see me until Tuesday.  Well, he wanted to see me ASAP.  All were normal side effects, unfortunately I was having some of the extreme ones...lucky me.  So, Sunday was hell on earth, Monday not much better and then Tuesday was a little better.  We decided to do it on the long weekend because Mark was home to babysit me and drive me around...thank god!!  He was a HUGE help and I'm feeling well enough for him to go back to work tomorrow.  Since I am still unable to drive, my Dad is coming to take me to my appointment tomorrow. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment