Monday, January 6, 2014

BACK TO SCHOOL DAY!

 Not today!  WOW...talk about winter, we are getting it hard right now!  Buses were cancelled this am (and I didn't set Maddie's alarm because I assumed they would be.)  So, I headed outside before 7 am to clean some more snow and to get some of the snow off our roof.  The neighbour's must have thought I was crazy, out there with the sun barely up, scraping snow off the roof...freak...but it had to be done.  There is so much up there, some of the weight had to come off. (As I was looking at the pile of the white crap all over the deck/driveway, I cringed because now it has to be moved again!  Winter is beautiful, but sometimes it feels so un-rewarding!)  And with more snow expected today and tomorrow, it was a great way to start a Monday.  I headed in to get the sleepy heads up, we ate breakfast and then we all went outside!  The next couple of days are supposed to be FREEZING with the wind chill, so we better get some fresh air today.  The girls enjoyed some time on our huge mountain by the stairs, they use it for sledding on!  I did all the snow blowing/shovelling and we headed in at lunch time.  Maddie quite enjoyed her extra day off, we all did.  The girls set up a huge store and had some indoor fun.  I headed back out before supper to snow blow/shovel again, it was getting COLD...yikes!!  STAY WARM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment