Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tornados and no power...


 
 We had some wicked weather hit here today.  We lost power before 3pm, just as Daddy had to leave for work.  Less than 15 kms away from us, a Tornado touched down.  I had to get Maddie at school today and I was a few minutes late due to road closures and power lines down in many places.
 A barn was completely destroyed as well as many trees downed on this persons property.  And this house lost it's roof and garage.  All the debris was scattered over many farmers fields.  It was an absolute disaster.





It continued to rain for the next 12 hours.  We were so very fortunate to have only lost our power for almost 24 hours.
With Daddy being at work all night, I had some company with me.  The storm continued on into the night and it was quite a storm.  And as a side note...my company does NOT share the bed or covers well, as you can see from this picture!  Needless to say, neither one of us got much sleep;)

No comments:

Post a Comment