Saturday, August 24, 2013

Getting DIRTY!! And loving every minute!!!



OH MY GOD...Can you say FUN!!?!!?!?  I had the absolute hands down best day that I have had in a VERY long time!! It was a few hours and it was all about me!  Oh ya, I said it...so selfish, and I don't even care!  I was flying high!!  A girlfriend and I were looking for a race or challenge to reward ourselves actually.  We've both been working hard for the past while trying to better ourselves and we found this and thought YES, that's it!!  Mud Hero is a 6 km, 18 obstacle course, that you can run, walk, time yourself, have fun, whatever you want!!  There was 6 of us that went because when a few others found out, they wanted in on the fun too!!  We started the race together and finished together..."Leave no one behind" was the motto we started with and that is what we did!  A few of us run and a few don't, so we walked/ran and just had a BLAST!!!  I brought my water camera and it got DIRTY!!  But it was so worth it!  We took over 300 pictures!  We took our time and made sure we got the memories on film!! 

We left our place before 7am, got there 2 hours later, registered and waited for our 11am start time!  The atmosphere was totally AWESOME!!  So much fun, I know I have said that but it really was!!










I'm like a giant child because we got to go down a slide and land in the mud and it was my FAVORITE!!  Getting dirty is GREAT!!







And yes, my feet actually got stuck on this last obstacle!  Oh yes, I mean STUCK!!  I wasn't even able to wiggle my shoes off because they were done up so well!  It took me a few tries to get out!!









I had dirt in places I didn't know existed!  LOL!!!  I was (and am) very proud of myself.  The course wasn't difficult for me (not to sound conceited), it was made for fun and that is what we did!  And I can't wait for next year!!  We are looking for a few other things to do too, it's great to challenge ourselves as we get older and why not have fun while we are doing it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment