Sunday, August 18, 2013

Start your engines!!!!!!

 Another hot one today!  We got up, fed, and ready to go!  (I thought it was funny this am bc I got right into the showers but the line up for the men's was over 25 long...lol...goes to show that there are more men than women here!)  We got lots of drinks and snacks to keep us all happy!
 The atmosphere was just pure excitement!  I loved it!  I think we all did!  The girls were awesome!!  Our seats were the very top section (53) and the top row and we LOVED them!  You could see everything! 
  
 

Daddy rented headphones and a video cam for him and Maddie to enjoy the race!  Although he was stoked about being here, the announcers make the race so you have to know what's going on!  Miaya and I were good, they shared with me a few times!

It truly was something to see...We will definitely be doing it again...something crossed off our bucket list! 

 

 So, Daddy is a dedicated fan, #48 Jimmie Johnson.  It wasn't one of his finer days though, he was out very early in the race, blew the engine in  his back up car...There was a lot of cussing going on in the headphones...My hubby was pissed...he said we should just leave...we didn't of course but that was some crappy luck.
 Miaya did well for the first 2 hours and then enjoyed playing some games on the phone...whatever keeps us all happy! 

Just a totally spectacular experience, one we can't wait to do again!!  A few things we would change though...like my hubby sharing a few beer with me...and we will try a different track next year for a different experience!  So fun though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment